Book your online course now:
Book BREEAM Communities now - simply fill out your details:
BREEAM Communities is the environmental sustainability assessment for neighbourhood scale developments. It enables planners, developers and design teams to deliver and certify sustainability in neighbourhood-scale projects by developing and verifying the sustainability framework at the planning and design stages.
Comprising of two modules delivered over 3 days, this comprehensive course provides an overview of BREEAM Communities and dives into the scheme’s technical content, as well as its assessment and certification process. This provides a practical understanding of the content and application of BREEAM Communities, enabling you to become a licensed BREEAM Assessor
After completing the course learners will be able to
- Understand the international, national and local context for sustainable communities.
- Understand and be confident in assessing the technical aspects of the BREEAM Communities scheme.
- Understand the assessment process and support structures in place for the scheme and assessors.
- Know when to use BREEAM Communities.
- Meet sustainability and planning objectives with BREEAM Communities.
- Understand the link between BREEAM Communities and building level assessment.
- Understand BREEAM Communities’ technical aspects including timescales, phasing, assessment and scoring.
Successful completion of this course entitles you to apply to become a licensed BREEAM Assessor under the BREEAM Communities scheme.
At a glance
There are no pre-requisites to this course. As a comprehensive introduction to BREEAM Communities, it is particularly suited to:
- Planning officers.
- Consultants and developers seeking to understand/use the scheme.
- Those involved in delivering neighbourhood-scale developments and masterplans.
Both modules are required for those pursuing BREEAM Communities Assessor status. To become a licensed assessor, you must hold professional indemnity insurance.
This comprehensive training course includes 2 modules delivered virtually over 2 days, followed by an additional ½ day virtual examination:
Module 1 (Day 1)
- An introduction to BREEAM Communities
- The international, national and local context for sustainable communities
- When to use BREEAM Communities and which projects are suitable
- Meeting key sustainability objectives with BREEAM Communities
- Meeting key planning requirements with BREEAM Communities
- The links between BREEAM Communities and building level assessments.
Module 2 (Day 2)
- Timescales, phasing and assessment
- The technical aspects of BREEAM Communities
- An introduction to the scoring tool
- The assessor’s role
- The assessment process
- Using BREEAM Communities outside of the UK.
- The BREEAM Communities technical paper
- The BREEAM General Understanding paper